Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break Fun and a Purse Two Ways


The break from school and obligations was wonderful. The kids and I played games, hung out and spent lots of time at Barnes and Noble. Loved it! While it didn't leave me alot of time for posting, I did get alot of crocheting done and some knitting.
Riley and I got to have our very first crochet along. A neat experience. I finally took the time to teach her how to sew her ami's together instead of just doing it for her. We made a bear and a cat. We used different sized yarns so I could teach her about gauge with a project that didn't matter. So now I have this incredibly tiny pink bear and her green bear made from sport yarn looks gigantic!
I made these purses a few weeks ago. The knit one is from a pattern I found online and the crochet one is my attempt to change the pattern. I can post the pattern for anyone who is interested. Just let me know if you want to see it. It makes a nice, small purse perfect for nights out. I used bangle bracelets for the handles. Enjoy!

No comments: